The Office of Research Compliance (RSCP), a unit of the Office of the Vice Provost for Research and Economic Development, is responsible for assisting faculty, staff and students in complying with federal and state regulatory requirements for sponsored and unsponsored research and with the associated University policies.
Activities which involve microbiological agents, (bacterial, viral, fungal, and certain multicellular parasites), biological toxins, recombinant DNA molecules, human or non-human primate blood or tissues, and animal cell cultures must have the approval of the Biosafety Committee. Prior approval is required in most cases.
Information and/or materials, i.e., technology or technical data, which may have bearing on our national security and to which access is limited or even prohibited by export regulations. Training of personnel is mandatory and a technology control plan must be approved prior to beginning the activity.
Systematic investigations through which the investigator obtains information from interaction/intervention with an individual or personal identifiable information. Prior approval is required. Federal law and University policy prohibit retroactive approvals.
The use of radionuclides or radiation-producing equipment (includes equipment containing sealed sources of ionizing radiation) on campus or under the direction of University personnel and/or students.
- Recognizing and reporting research misconduct in scientific research.
- Conflict of Interest (UA Policy 404.0)
Activities that require the use of materials/substances which are hazardous or toxic in nature.
All research, research training, experimentation, biological testing, and related activities involving live vertebrate conducted at this institution or other locations by University personnel and students in furtherance of a University activity.
RSCP also provides administrative support for the following.
- Research Council
- Material Transfer Agreements
- DEA Registration
Contact the Director for assistance with any of these.
- Candita Meek, Compliance Coordinator, Export Compliance, (firstname.lastname@example.org), 575-5054
- John Hahn, D.V.M., Veterinarian, email@example.com, 575-2593
- Ro Windwalker, Compliance Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org), Institutional Review Board (email@example.com), 575-2208
- Sarah Santos, Compliance Coordinator, Radiation Safety Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org), 575-6725
- Shatara Porchia-White, Compliance Coordinator, Institutional Biosafety Committee, (email@example.com), 575-2671
- Tony Munn, CLAF Manager, IACUC Administrator Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org, 575-2994
RESEARCH COMPLIANCE ALERT
IACUC Submission Deadline Change: Due to the summer schedule and a need to accommodate recent ABI awards, the IACUC July and August meetings will be combined and held on July 29. Deadline for submitting protocols for review at the meeting is July 21, 2016 at 4:00 PM.
Office of Research Compliance has been relocated to a new location. Our new address is:
1424 W. Martin Luther King, Jr.
View it in Google Maps