The purpose of the Research Council is to advise the Vice Provost for Research and Economic Development on policies that encourage research, establish a research environment, and provide research support facilities; serve as a review board for proposed research programs and facilities; and, recommend adjudication of variances to policies and procedures.
The Research Council is chaired by a faculty member on the council. The chair is elected by those faculty members on the council.
Members are selected by Faculty Senate’s Committee on Committees and serve a 3-year term.
Membership consists of faculty members active in research from:
- Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences;
- Sam M. Walton College of Business;
- College of Education and Health Professions;
- College of Engineering;
- one from the sciences area of the J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences;
- one from another research area in the Fulbright College;
- non-voting, one student.
The Research Council has several ex-officio, non-voting members:
- Vice Provost for Research and Economic Development
- Director of Research and Sponsored Programs;
- Associate Vice Provost(s) for Research.
A secretary (non-voting) will be provided by the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.
The RC meets monthly. The date and time is adjusted each semester to accommodate members schedules.
Research Council is a Faculty Senate Committee. Additional information may be found at the Faculty Senate website at: http://facultysenate.uark.edu/facsen2015to2016/Committees2015to2016/ResearchCouncilCom.htm