Proposal Preparation (Pre-Award)
The University of Arkansas has contracted with Hanover Grants to provide comprehensive, discipline-based proposal writing, editing and review services for a limited number of grant proposals. Notice of intent to request this service along with the solicitation to be addressed must be sent to the RSSP Director email@example.com as early as possible to secure a position in the Hanover queue. The complete proposal must be available to RSSP at least two weeks before the sponsor deadline to allow time for a comprehensive review. Shorter reviews may sometimes be accommodated if a Hanover reviewer is available. Contact the RSSP Director for more information.
Proposal Preparation and Review Services
Please use the Investigator's Toolbox for required and sample proposal and budgeting forms.
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs Pre-Award Staff provides important services to help principal investigators prepare, review and submit competitive proposals for external funding. Below is a description some common services, depending on the nature of the proposal and potential sponsor:
- Analyze the solicitation and review conditions and agreements;
- Provide assistance with on-line registration;
- Provide training on electronic submission portals;
- Address guidelines and requirements with the principal investigator;
- Facilitate the review of any contract requirements and negotiations;
- Complete required agency application forms and related administrative forms;
- Help prepare or review budgets for accuracy;
- Ensure commitment letters have been obtained for required matching funds, services or support, including subcontract commitments;
- Ensure subcontract documents are received and accurate;
- Assemble the proposal and review the text;
- Check proposals for compliance with federal, state, university, and agency guidelines and finalize for review/approval;
- Document institutional compliance requirements;
- Ensure receipt of completed and signed internal Routing, Disclosure and Cost Share Request forms;
- Implement the review and signature process and obtain institutional approval signatures;
- Prepare the appropriate number of proposal copies for agency, individual investigators and file;
- Transmit the proposal package to the agency. If applicable, track the courier service to ensure timely delivery of the proposal at its destination; and
- Send electronic copies of proposal and internal approval forms to PI, Co-PIs, Dept. Head and Dean.
Please allow 5 working days for completion of the preparation, review and submission process of proposals without special requirements.